This fluffy dough is ideal for an Easter family meal, as well as for beginners all year round or to sit proudly at your buffet table.
I will give you a recipe here from my butcher on the advice of a monk who, of course, prepares it every year for his customers on Easter.
- Meat choice: Traditionally a mixture of pork and veal (according to the recipe 2/3 – 1/3 or half – half). Some do not put veal and often you will only see sausage. I kept the pork and veal mixture that he recommends.
- A little flour helps to pack the stuffing without aggravation, and during cold delivery this paste holds together well.
- Cognac that you can replace with Armagnac
- Layered confectionery for a well-inflated and less dense finish, but some berries make Easter pie with short dough.
- Be generous in spices: salt, lots of pepper and grated nutmeg.